Thursday, December 23, 2010

30 Days of Truth

One of my primary goals with this blog is to learn about myself and grow as a person. One thing I really want to do is the 30 Days of Truth Challenge. Day one is to write about something you hate about yourself. Hell of a way to start. Here goes nothing.

I guess it is true about no better way to start writers blog than a prompt, but this one should be significantly easier than a 'love yourself' post.  You see, I'm pretty good at hating myself. There's plenty to list. Lately, I hate myself most for a trait that has ended so many relationships including my last one. I have an undeniable urge to lie. I won't say undeniable, I suppose I could deny it. I just don't. I tell lies almost without thinking. About things that don't matter. About things no one else would lie about, because it just doesn't make sense. I can't even pinpoint exactly why it is that I do it. So very often it's not to achieve a goal, it's just something that I do. I can honestly say I hate that about myself. I want very badly to be the kind of person people can trust. It's definately a goal of mine to work on this flaw in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment